Latest posts by Mick Ferris (see all)
South Essex College is holding a series of events to help those who are having second thoughts about what they are studying and where.
The Swap Don’t Drop events are open to all and are ideal for those who may have stayed on at sixth form but are now wanting to study at a college in an adult setting.
The college’s inclusive environment means you can be who you want to be and express yourself in your own way without the traditional school restrictions.
There are spaces available on a range of courses at the college such as construction, catering, motor vehicle, engineering, science, performing arts, media and art, and it’s not too late to get involved.
The college’s course advisers will be on hand to discuss options and help students make an informed decision to find the right course.
Ami Sewell, Further Education Careers Co-ordinator, said: “We understand that some people may have changed their mind which is why we are here to help.
will be on hand to help you. We have a wide range of course options
so there really is something for everyone, so why not attend and talk
about your options.”
Events, which start the week after next, are open for 16-18 year olds who feel they may have chosen the wrong option when enrolling to study further education this September.
They are taking place from Monday September 30 across the college’s sites:
- Monday September 30, Stephenson Road Campus, 10am-noon
- Tuesday October 1, Southend Campus, 10am-1pm
- Wednesday October 2, Basildon Luckyn Lane Campus, 10am-noon
- Thursday October 3, Canvey Island Campus, 10am-noon
- Thursday October 3, Thurrock Campus, noon-2pm
- Monday October 7, Canvey Island and Thurrock Campuses, 1pm-3pm
- Tuesday October 8, Basildon Luckyn Lane Campus, 1pm-3pm
- Wednesday October 9, Stephenson Road Campus, 1pm-3pm
- Thursday October 10, Southend Campus, 11am-2pm
For more information about Swap Don’t Drop, visit www.southessex.ac.uk/swap or call 0345 52 12345.